Other Supporting Resources
Rubric for Assessing Quality of Career Education and Work Resources
The plethora of materials available to support the Career Education and Work Standards can be overwhelming for school personnel to assess and determine if the materials meet your needs. The Career Education and Work (CEW) Rubric and the scoring sheet provide a means to determine the quality of a resource as it links to the Career Education and Work Standards.
- Rubric for Assessing Resources Supporting the Career Education and Work Standards
- Spreadsheet for Calculating Average Scores using the Rubric
The Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education, Pennsylvania Career Resource Network has produced six high quality pamphlets that are available for downloading and distribution.
- Career Clusters and Pathways
- Why Should My Child Explore Careers?
- Parent Involvement = Student Success
Entrepreneurship Training is the process of providing individuals with the concepts and skills to recognize opportunities that others have overlooked and to have the insight, self-esteem and knowledge to act where others have hesitated. It includes instruction in opportunity recognition, marshaling resources in the face of risk, and initiating a business venture. It also includes instruction in business management processes such as business planning, capital development, marketing, and cash flow analysis.
- Pennsylvania's Best Practices in Entrepreneurship Education
- Summer Opportunities for Pennsylvania Students in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Educational Resources and Development Centers in Pennsylvania
Funds for this Web site are provided under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-270) and from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education.