Primary and Intermediate Grade Level Core Internet Resources
- Career Book Store
- You will find over 1,500 career publications, books, self help
videos, employment guides, job search software, resume writing
tools, guidance counselor resources, assessments and much more!
- Career Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics' Web site for kids provides
introductory career information for students in Grades 4-8. On the
kids' site, wording and labor market concepts have been simplified
and some statistical detail has been eliminated. In addition, the
occupations on the site are categorized according to interests and
hobbies common among students. A Teacher's Guide is also included.
- Career Kids
- Career Education, Life Skills & More for Grades K through Adult.
You'll find videos, software, books, assessments and more. Includes
some free resources.
- This web site is designed to provide information on high-growth,
high-demand occupations along with the skills and education needed
to attain those jobs. Start exploring career options—whether you are
in high school, have graduated, have a 2-year or 4-year degree, or
have knowledge and skills acquired through training centers,
on-the-job training, or work experience.
- CHARACTER COUNTS!
- CHARACTER COUNTS! is the most widely implemented approach to
character education, reaching millions of youth.
- FirstGov for Kids
- Find out about jobs for kids who like Arts, Science,
Outdoors, Social Studies, Reading, Math and more. There's also
an A - Z List of Careers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Hard Hatted Women
- Educational programming designed to provide students and teachers
with experiences and resources that counter career-related gender
bias and sex role stereotypes.
- Job Shadow Day
- Information on job shadowing and Job Shadow Day. Includes virtual
- Know It All
- Knowitall.org is ETV's educational Web portal, a collection of fun,
interactive websites for K-12 students, teachers and parents.
Created by ETV for K-12 students, teachers, and parents,
Knowitall.org is a free, online collection of resources designed for
classroom use. This educational web portal contains interactive
sites, simulations, image collections, virtual field trips and
streaming video that support and provide quality inquiry-based
experiences for students on the Internet.
- Live Wire Media
- Character Education Videos, Guidance Videos, Life Skills
Videos. These are not free resources.
They Made America
- Entrepreneurship Resources for Teachers with specific
resources for elementary schools. This page lists additional
activities for teachers and kids of all ages, Web sites to
explore, and more.
- Wise Skills
- The Wise Skills K-12 character education program is a teacher
friendly inter-disciplinary way to build the character of young