K-12 Core Internet Resources
- America's Career Resource Network
- America's Career Resource Network (ACRN) consists of state and
federal organizations that provide information, resources and
training on career and education exploration. Free curriculum
resources aligned with the National Career Development Guidelines is
available. Sections for teachers, counselors, students, and parents
- Character Development Group
- Character Development Group is the country's leading provider of
character education staff development resources
- Character Education: Free Resources, Materials, Lesson Plans
- This content rich website is loaded with free resources
- Character Education Resources
- A comprehensive list of character education websites
- JIST Publishing
- Free Resources for Job Seekers and Career Professionals
- PA Career Zone
- Pennsylvania CareerZone is a spin-off of the New York CareerZone, a proven, successful career exploration and planning system designed especially for students. Jobseekers, educators, and counselors will also benefit from the wealth of information on 900 occupations from the Occupational Information Network (O*Net) database.
Users are encouraged to work through the Interest Profiler, Work Importance Profiler, and Assess Yourself assessment based on the Holland Codes for self-exploration. Comprehensive information on 900 occupations includes state specific wages, worker attributes, job characteristics, and much more. There are 300 career videos that give users a snap shot of the featured occupation. Job openings on Americas Job Exchange are easily accessible within each occupations profile.
- Pathway Pals
- Pathway Pals is a great guidance counselor website! Age appropriate
and easy-to-use guidance materials by counselors "for" counselors.
Use pictures to find you favorite Career Pathway or Career Cluster.
Middle School Interest Survey Focus Is Pathways. High School
Interest Survey Focus Is Career Clusters.
- Positive Action
- The Positive Action program is a leading, common-sense program that
reforms and revitalizes schools to enable them to meet the needs of
- Quintessential Careers
- Quintessential Careers is the ultimate career, job, and college site, offering comprehensive free expert career and job-hunting advice (through articles, tools, tips, samples, and tutorials), as well as links to all the best job sites. Special sections for teens, college students, and all other job-seekers (by industry, geography, and job-seeker type) make this site a comprehensive resource for all. Our mission is to provide the content and motivation to empower people to achieve their educational goals, find their true career passion, and obtain their ideal job.
- USA Today Education on Line
- USA TODAY provides a daily window on the world of work. As new
fields and jobs emerge and old ones change or become obsolete, the
newspaper is there to chronicle these events. It focuses on people
at various stages of their career, e.g., a young, successful
entrepreneur, seasoned workers, or high-level CEOs of Fortune 500
companies. Students can learn about careers at every level, and from